Monday, March 22, 2010

Alice in Wonderland 3D.

Once again, I have defied myself. Last post i said i wouldnt write a post today but I am doing so right this moment so therefore defying myself I am. if that made any sense? well this one is the movie review on Alice inWonderland. I saw it in 3D which gave it that extra touch. As most would say "it was amazing!" which is was and most of the characters were portrayed well. I said "most for a reason. Johnny Depp was AWESOME! like always. not that im obsessed with him or anything (but i know ppl who are). Great mad hatter's costume! very.. colourful. creative. And might I say the rabbit, the grinning cat and the blue catterpillar were also great.

Weirdly enough. the white queen (anne hathaway) didnt do a good job in my opinion. or maybe it was her character. im not sure but she seemed to floaty. ok wayyyyyyyyyyyy to floatly. she kept drifting around everywhere. she was also a little dull. and her lips were a weird colour. I reckon her costume needed a lot of lace. I think she was a little too white. it almost looked grey in some way. Yeah. didnt really like her character.

On the other hand the red queen was my FAVOURITE! she was an outstanding actress(being the wife of Tim Burton of course) she did a great job of emphasizing her character and buliding up her personality. I think everyone liked her even though she was baddy in the film. A memorable line of hers was "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!" which she said like 10 times. She was quite a funny character too seeing how stupid she could be at times. And woah! she has a massive head! And I like how everything she had was made into a love heart.

Alice was okay I guess. she wasnt the best but she did give it her all i think. I liked her costumes and her voice was a nice calming one. I reckon she should do an action film to hype up her character. she need a bit more energy and urgency. otherwise she will just be dull. but good job i would say.

Overall I give the movie a 7.5 out of 10. Go see it yourself and tell me what you think of it.
Glenny

1 comment:

  1. tut tut. you should do your research; tim burton and helena bonham carter aren't married. DUH.

    i liked the white queen. she's meant to be floaty. :DD it's just her eyebrows that annoyed me. xDD her hair was white but her eyebrows were like BLACK. :P

    ReplyDelete