Monday, July 12, 2010

World Cup 2010

Well.... Spain won!!! I wouldn't really mind if the Netherlands won either. The game this morning was pretty boring. Didn't watch the first half because nothing usually happens then and so I was awoken to watch the second which was also pretty boring considering noone scored anything. Soo many missed opportunities and nobody could really keep the ball for long. The shoots were either too high or wide. Anyways dad was too tired to be bothered so he went back to sleep once they started additional time while i stayed downstairs huddled in my green eskimo jacket. After a few minutes... i fell asleep. I sorta just dozed off and then i awoke two minutes before Spain scored. Soo happy I didn't miss it. I was a little too sleepy to scream and shout about so i just sat there smiling at the joyous red and yellow spaniards. I watched the ceremony and thats when dad came downstairs in a hurry like "did i miss something?" And i'm like yeah Spain won. And he's like oh, i thought there was going to be a penalty shootout. That would have been so intense. Anyways, 1st was Spain 2nd was Netherlands and 3rd was Germany. I reckon it would have been a mych more entertaining match if Germany were in the finals. That concluded the 2010 World Cup and I hope next time Australia can do better.

Glenny

No comments:

Post a Comment