Saturday, September 25, 2010

More Charlie


Ukuleles are soooo cool! That reminds me. I found one of dad's old guitars in the garage like yesterday and i brought it out of its case and went up to my room and started strumming randomly. Then dad walked in probably here the horrendous racket and i swear his eyes like doubled in size (ok maybe a little exaggerated). He then came over and stared at the guitar until i handed it over. He then started playing on it while telling me all the random stuff about how taking up the guitar was great and if i wanted to get lessons i could and i'm all like "um... dad i was just like... playing with it" but i don't think he cared. He just kept playing this oldish saddish song that had a pretty simple melody. He was pretty ok actually.

He taught me to play like the basic notes and i practiced them once before he left. I think i have the hang of those notes now. Oh and the guitar was old so it wasn't quite on the notes perfectly but yeah a guitar is a guitar. Did you know you feel really pro when you have it on your lap and you strum something awesome even though it was by accident well yeah. Not much of musician... just playing around with it today.

Well afterwards, dad came back and send i could keep it and he handed it over like it was sword with a beam of light shining down on it. haha. Anyways, it now stand next to my desk in its dusty black case. It is pretty nice. I love it. Maybe one day dad can teach me that song he was playing until then i am just going to have to stick with the first couple of notes to smoke on the water which jo taught me.

Goodbye... have a great holiday!
Glenny
Oh and i totally forgot. Watch the vid. charlie is in it (duh) and he is playing an awesome song he wrote called exterminate regenerate which is also in my newly arranged playlist. have a listen to that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment